May 8-11, 2017
The Michigan Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Core (MRC2) is presenting a four-day Metabolomics Workshop, May 8-11, 2017. This workshop is intended for investigators seeking a solid foundation to expand their research using metabolomics.
- Study design
- Sample collection
- Analytical methods
- Data processing, statistical analysis, and metabolite identification
- Exploratory analysis with bioinformatics tools
- Case study applications
- Hands-on data analysis training, including statistical analysis with Metaboanalyst and R, and bioinformatics data analysis and visualization with Metscape.
After attending the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of the analytical methodologies and data analysis techniques used in metabolomics.
- Use this knowledge to incorporate metabolomics into your research.
- Understand the reasoning behind data processing and statistical analysis.
- Gain a working familiarity with bioinformatics tools for exploratory analysis.
Costs per participant are $400 for internal UM investigators and $800 for external investigators. Lunches are included.
Participants are encouraged to bring a poster for the Monday night reception. Please e-mail Grace Wu if you plan to do so.
Block rates are available at the Holiday Inn Ann Arbor (3600 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105).
- Click on the booking link below
- On the left hand side, select your Check In and Check Out Dates
- Group Code 'MRC' will automatically populate
- Click on Check Availability
- From there the site will show you the room types that have been blocked along with the group rate
When making a reservation with the booking link please verify that the block name is listed above the rate options and that you are indeed getting the agreed upon rate of $110.00 If at any time during the process it is stating anything about an advance deposit you may want to close the screen and start again. If you are having any further issues please contact the hotel and they can direct you to our reservations service. Please be advised that the booking link does not work on mobile devices.
Free shuttles are available to and from the Holiday Inn to the Workshop.
On-line registration is now closed. On-site registration will be available at 8:00 am on Monday, May 8.