The Statistics and Bioinformatics Core assists users in the design of metabolomic experiments and provides statistical, informatics and visualization tools to transform raw data into knowledge to enhance the understanding of biological processes.
Specifically, the Core offers users the following support:
- Assistance in the design of metabolomics studies.
- Data sets from targeted and untargeted metabolomics studies that have been evaluated for quality, with estimated errors in the measurements included.
- Development and application of statistical methods in untargeted metabolic analysis to identify plausible predictive metabolites and compare treatment effects.
- Individualized statistical tools for analysis of metabolomics data for Core users.
- Data driven correlation analysis, using the Metab2Mesh and Metscape 3 for Cytoscape, to explore and visualize metabolites of interested in the context of metabolic pathways for new insights.
- Collaboration on development of the appropriate procedures for multi-scale integration of phenotypic and metabolomic data.
The Core benefits from close association with the Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics and its National Center for Integrative Biomedical Informatics (NCIBI).
Please contact, Alla Karnovsky, to discuss details.