The Analytical Core provides tools to investigators to permit absolute or relative quantification of metabolites in biospecimens and aids researchers in the structural identification of unknown analytes.
Specifically, the Analytical Core focuses research efforts on:
- Applications of the unique sensitivity and specificity of mass spectrometry to detect and quantify low abundance molecules of interest in biomedical research.
- Development of innovative analytical techniques for the detection and quantification of biomolecules, including fluxomics studies.
- Consultation and collaboration with investigators to help design studies and analytical methods to meet the research objectives of investigators.
- Training in mass spectrometry (MS) for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with an interest in metabolomics research.
- The Core also coordinates with other Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Cores (RCMRCs) to develop data standards, detailed standard operating procedures for metabolomic analysis and data sharing.